Thursday, June 2, 2011

Four Days and Counting!

Hello again! Well it is getting very close to that day that I've been looking forward to ever since early March! I have yet to do any packing, as I've been spending most of my time enjoying my last few days in the States. Tomorrow I'm going to start getting ready for real. I'm going to head to Target and other stores tomorrow and Saturday to get important things like: a power converter (they don't use 120V outlets and Europe, and my electronics will all get fried over there), a few more clothes, and all the necessary preparations for the trip. I also need to finish up some last minute paperwork and copy important documents that I'll need just in case I lose them.

One of my favorite, but sometimes not my favorite, parts about preparing for this trip has been navigating the Berlin public transportation system. The trains that run daily in Berlin have been in existence since 1924, and continue to run flawlessly today. Lucky for me, I will have the luxury of navigating this complex system of rails. For most of the day, I have been trying to determine how I'm going to get to.....ah wait! I just found a ride guide that's very nicely laid out! Well it's good news that I shouldn't be getting lost here, I hope. Here's the ride guide. When I leave on Tuesday, I will land in Tegal Airport Wednesday morning and will take a bus to the main subway lines, and then I will take a train to a station called Litchenburg where I will board a train that goes to my final destination in Müncheberg. This shouldn't be too difficult, but because I lack any experience in German, it adds an interesting dynamic.

In case you're wondering, this is where I will be staying the first two weeks or so before I can hopefully move into Berlin. 
In other news, I'm going to the Florida Aquarium in Tampa on Monday with Miranda (my girlfriend), just before I leave the U.S. It's a very awesome place indeed, you should check it out one day!

I'll try to have an update on Tuesday when I'm sitting in the Orlando airport waiting for my flight. Otherwise, my next update will be from Germany Wednesday morning!!!!

Stay safe!

-Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment